Saturday 23 February 2019

Still missing

I'm getting on my nerves at the moment.  I just can't sustain any momentum.

I've had a couple of successful forays into making something.  Firstly,    Small Person came to stay on Tuesday, just for the nigt and following day,  and I managed to do some sewing for her while she was here.  I'd  intended to have it all done before she came,  but in the end I managed to do it before she left.  Right now I'm taking that as a bit of a win.


Thursday was another 'I can't be bothered' day although I did I manage to make home made pizza for dinner. I did manage to get a skirt pattern out to look at,  but that's as far as I got

Yesterday, Friday, was another apathetic day.  I got a second skirt pattern out, to compare to the first, and they are both sitting in a heap on the sofa.   I finally managed to make Brazilian Cheese Puffs.  I wanted to make them weeks ago, but I had to wait until I could get some Tapioca starch,  and then I wasn't well, and then I just couldn't be bothered.    They were worth the wait.  They looked like yorkshire puddings, just like in the recipe picture.   They rose beautifully, they tasted divine, they were easy to make.  I followed the Quirky Cooking recipe.    I can't find the recipe on her blog, I can only find it on her Facebook page so I'm linking to that. Apologies if you don't use FB. https://www.facebook.com/quirkycooking/posts/1989117254475501

I also made a Bolognese yesterday, for dinner tonight.  Small Person is staying again.  She's a creature of habit and, because she likes it,  we usually have Fish Fingers and Chips on a Saturday when she stays.   Hopefully she'll like the proper bolognese as well, especially as we'll make our own pasta.

I really need to break through the apathy and have a go at making one of the skirts.












Followers