Monday 21 May 2018

At last.

At last, the Inquest is over.    

The first date - sometime last year, lost in the mists of time now -  was postponed becase of the Serious Incident Report (SIR)

The new date arrived,  as did we all,  and the 'other side' asked for an adjournment.  Their grounds were not unreasonable,  we didn't object.    

The next date arrived, as did we all, ready for an extended two days.   One of the key witnesses was too ill to attend.     We asked for an adjournment.   Day 1 went ahead,  and Day 2 was adhourned.

And then the final date arrived, as did we all,   and the Inquest was completed.

I don't really feel any sense of resolution.  I'm just glad it's done.

I'm glad I don't have to pore over the SIR again,  looking at the failures, the missed opportunities to save a life, the processes that would, if they had been followed,  have prevented the death.

I've still got one uncle to phone, to give an update to, and I'll try and do that today.  Then I can put it all away.



Followers