As well as the usual feeding, waterer cleaning, watering etc, I also cleaned out all the coops. I discovered the oldest coop has a leaky nestbox. The Aubiose did its job, staying dry on top... but it all needed to come out.
When I went into the shed, I discovered we had no Aubiose.
Normally this would be a bit of an irritation, requiring me to shut everything up, walk the long walk back to my car, a drive to the horsey supplies place, a drive back, and then lugging the Aubiose into the chooks.
Today it was a majot issue. I didn't have any money or plastic.
I'd only taken my phone and keys when I left home - I hadn't even expected to muck out. . Thank goodness I had my phone. DH had to bring a bale of Aubiose from home, it was quicker for him to come over than for me to drive home and then drive back again.
While I was waiting, I had let the "chicks" out into the grassy paddock for a graze. One of the main flock hens managed to get in as well, and one of the young boys jumped on her. He then started strutting around, and had a little go at one of the other boys. Then another young boy started crowing.
Then Henry started crowing, and shuffled up to the grassy paddock fence and started displaying.
Time's up for the boys.