We cut a hole in the galvanised wire mesh which separates the Little Girls (LGs) cube run from the main covered run. I rigged up a "door" so I could provide separation if necessary, and I fully intended to deploy it this evening before I shut everyone in. Except I didn't. Actually, none of the Girls seemed to notice that a doorway had magically appeared., which was quite surprising as they certainly came to watch and make a fuss while it was being done.
DH and I discussed whether we should close it this evening, so that there wouldn't be any trouble tomorrow morning. DH was favouring the "leave it open" route; I was favouring caution. DH said we'd hear if there was trouble, and he would get up and sort it out.
We've been shutting the Cube door at night as it's been quite cold, and DH has got up most mornings to let them out. (For clarification, when I say he has got up most mornings, I mean he has got up most mornings and I have got up the rest, not he has got up most mornings and the girls have only been trapped in for the rest.)
Lottie flew onto my arm today even though I didn't have any corn. I came in to get some for her. She's such a dainty thing. Poppy is finding it hard work to fly up now, I have to get closer to the ground for her to get up.
Florence (Australorp) is looking very dishevelled. Her neck has moulted and she has the hedgehoggy spines of new feather shafts showing. Her tail has disappeared, and she has a few bald patches. I'm surreptitiously feeding her rinsed tuna, sneaking a few pieces to the poorly Tilda at the same time.
Roobarb, who had the sense to moult a little earlier, is looking glorious. I can't believe how much her colouring changes with each moult. I guess she likes to ring the changes.