Tuesday 9 July 2024

Nostalgia (isn't what it used to be)

The attic photos continue to deliver surprises.

One of the photos is of me with my then boyfriend. I am 16 (possibly just turned 17).  Obviously I am thin, with long slim legs.  I have a beautiful slim neck. 

I sent it to Miss Teen, who is now the same age as I was then. 

But what made me put the photo to one side is just how naturally happy I look.  Big, happy, smile. Mouth, face, eyes, all smiling and happy.   Nothing forced, no nervousness, no self doubt, no guile, nothing.

It is possibly the only picture of me as an adult that I really like.  (Apart from the fact it has an old boyfriend in). 

I've tried smiling like she smiles, and it looks like a grimace.

It was such a long time ago.

For a moment,  I wished I could be her again, just for a bit. Just at that instant, perhaps.  But with my husband next to me.

 


Followers