Monday 12 December 2022

It's been bitter the last few days, and this morning we woke to a small amount of snow.   It wasn't a surprise, the air outside last night had a sort of "muffled" sound quality.

It's a thin layer, and very soft. It had already started to melt by the time I took the pic. 

I've been out and got the snow off the tarpaulin on the ru.  It makes the run quite dark and, if I don't dislodge it , it causes lot of water which gushes into the Run and puddles when it melts.  I've dislodged a lot of the snow which had settled on the netting.  I wish I'd filmed it, because the snow fell o me through the netting, in huge lumpy flakes; it ws like a scene from a film.

We went to the Panto on Saturday night, seeing our friends S&K for the first time in 3 years.  It was lovely to see them, to pick up as if there had been no Covid, no gap.  Miss Teen joined us for the Panto,  and I wonder if it'll be the last time she'll fancy going.

The bruise on DHs back is now purple and black.  I noticed today that it has spread round the side to under his stomach. Poor chap.

He's very stiff, unsurprisingly.

 

 

 

Yesterday, I finally made myself do some scanning, using the recently repaired A1 scanner.   I cleared and cleaned and set it up,  and then scanned half a dozen pieces.    I then fired up the projector, to check that the pieces were scanning without distortion.  There was a problem:  one dimension was far too long.

I was puzzled by this because the engineer who fixed the scanner had calibrated it carefully (He had done the original recalibration when I bought it and found that it was not scanning accrately enough).

First thing to do was to project an electronic pattern, one that I had used before, so I could see if it was the scanning or the projecting that was the issue.

It was the projecting.

Most of me was very relieved, because the scanner had cost a lot of money to repair, and I hadn't tested it as soon as I got it back.      The rest of me was wondering how to sort out the prohection issue.

Fast forward several hours, and we were back on track.

The several hours  required me to do a lot of reading up,  moving stuff, tweaking, adjusting... I now have the case for the interactive pen wedged between it and the stand (sadly I left the pen in the case, so I won't be using that any time soon).  It's now OK. Mostly. 

I did a bit more scanning, but I'd had enough of it by 4.30 and I put it all away.

I've got another pile to do and I'm going to do that today, so that the immediate need is satisfied.  I can then put the scanner and its case away in the sewing room, and that will unblock the kitchen somewhat. And if I can complete the check of the scanned pieces and their scanned versions, I'll  be able to remove most of the many, many attern pieces from the kitchen as well, and I'll be able to breathe.

Of course I should be doing that now and I'm actually standing here writing this blog entry.  And then I'll brave the snow to get some logs in. And then I'll have a hot drink.     

I think I'm procrastinating.




Followers