Thursday 15 December 2022

Back Off

The NightShift device is doing it's job, making me shift off my back at night.   It's been interesting.

Firstly, it thinks I'm snoring.  I'm sure I do sometimes,  but I know it registers me snoring when I am awake.  It might be my husband's snoring that it picks up,  or it might be the noise of the radio which is on until 2am or so.   I haven't had the energy to do any tests to confirm the cause (apart from noting the time when I am awake and DH is snoring, and checking the report the next day). 

Sometimes, I desperately want to lie on my back.  My neck calls for it,  my back calls for it.   Sometims,  lie on my back and ignore the vibrations, and then turn over when I've stretched enough.    Then, I tried tuning the NightShift off, lying on my back for a few minutes while stretching my neck,  and then turning the Nightshift back on.    Of course I sometimes/often would then fall asleep before turning it back on,  waking up later and doing so.

That's where things got interesting. Well, interesting to me.

It's definitely, definitely, definitely all related to me lying on my back.  There is a correlation between me being on my back and me being in pain.   That's no surprise, I've been saying that for 18 months now.    What is interesting, is that it sometimes happens when I am awake  

I remember noting (and mentioning to at least one of the GPs that I spoke to) that it also happened when I was sitting on the sofa in the evening, but I didn't have any evidence to back this up.   I need to try wearing the Wellue ring in the evenings, to see if I can catch it happening.     If it's happening when I am sitting upright,  it presumably cannot be positional apnoea.

The not-laying-on-my back hasn't consistently improved things and has't yet improved the other things that have gone wrong since this started.    I've had the odd morning where I've felt human. I've still felt like there's a knee in my upper back,  but there's been no additional pain across my back, and no headache. I've still not been able to stretch, or look up, or reach for things) .  But I wasn't getting this consistently.  I'd wake up in pain and, on checking my reports, find it had indeed been a bad night. 

This morning is the 3rd morning of 3 good mornings.   I did Pilates yesterday, although I couldn't complete some of the exercises which required upper arm strength, which was welcome.     I've managed to do a load of sorting,  and I've been cleaning downstairs today.

It's 1.30 in the afternoon, I've been at it all morning, and I've had enough now. 

Compared to the Me before this all started,  I still feel like crap.  But compared to the Recent Me,  I feel quite bright.

 


Followers