Wednesday 30 March 2022

Free

DH finally had a clear test on Friday, and another on Saturday.  I didn't test clear until Sunday, and then Monday confirmed it.     We were able to collect Miss Teen on Monday for the evening.

We're both still tired, which may be the clock change as much as anything.   We tested again on Tuesday as DH and Miss Teen had a 'thing' to go to.  We got Miss Teen to do a test as well.  All still clear.

The weather is now quite cold, and I'm missing the gentle warmth of last week.  It really helped to have the warm weather as it meant we could have doors and windows open to change the air in the house.    I'm chilly enough (with a jumper on) to consider turning the heating back on.

I collected Izzy's ashes yesterday,  and we put her and Wash in the same box (separated of course).   I've missed her a lot this week. The kittens are lovely, but aren't always ready for a cuddle like she was.  Mind you, she was not a cuddle sponge in her youth either, so I have hope for the future.

Miss Teen and I have an evening out to the theatre on Friday,  we're meeting DSD and DGD.   I'm lookinh forward to it (but I'm soooooooo tiiiiiiiiiired).

No end in sight for Flockdown. The indications are it's still some weeks before the girls can go free.  We're still buying vegetables so they can have "greens" every day. The grass is growing, but it isn't keeping up with their hungry beaks. 

Rheumatology told my GP they didn't think they could help.    I had an unexpected call with one of the practice doctors, to discuss what to do next.   The upshot was that I had an Xray on my neck yesterday.  One of the local hospitals has a walk in service, and it worked really well.   I asked if they could do it wile I was ying down, as the problem mainly occurs then.  Apparently they don't need to do that, so the xray was done standing.   I'm not hopeful that it will show anything, but you never know.  I have more blood tests booked for next week, and then there will be another GP appointment to work out what to do next.

While we were isolating we decided to try one of my parents jigsaw puzzles, one of the ones which they hadn't gt round to doing so couldn't be sure it was complete.  There are a few in the pile.  DH picked one, and it's a bit of a dull picture (imho) and with very muted colours.  It's called  Bombardment of Algiers  based on a famous painting,  and it's taking forever.  It's 3000 pieces, and at this rate it's going to be a year or more before we're done.  

We used all our trays and a load of baking tins for the sorted pieces. It was ridiculous.  Moving them was a logistical nightmare, and it was bounf to end in ears.

I ended up buying some stacking fast food trays (fab service from Cater Speed who lived up to their name) to use. At least they stack neatly into each other

I did manage to conect a little group to the top right corner the oher day, and I did a dance around the kitchen to celebrate.

 

Years ago we were whizzes at jigsaws.   Now we're hopeless!  I can see us giving up on this,  but I'd like to get it done,

 



 

Followers