Tuesday 18 August 2020

Heat

It's been so hot.  I know you probably already know that.  Regularly above 33 degrees.  Stifling.

I don't like the heat,  and I class "the heat" as being anything above about 26 degrees.   To try and manage, I've been closing the doors and drawing the curtains and blinds.  I stuck a gro blind (a portable blackout blind designed for use wwith children) to the kitchen window. 

It worked quite well, and I considered chopping it up to fit the individual glass panels.  I also looked for fitted blinds (we have them in a couple of the north facing rooms), but the lead time was too long.  I looked for second hand "PerfectFit" blinds as a compromise,  but they have to be an exact fit width wise and I have't been able to source any for any of the south facing windows.

DH mentioned getting an awning for the south facing kitchen window.   They aren't really my sort of thing, but I was so hot, I didn't care.   I looked online and managed to find a "new other" one for sale,  which was about the same price as getting fitted blinds made for the kitchen window,  was a reasonable size, was only 22 miles away, and was electically operated.    I bought, DH went and collected immediately.

DS2 arrived for the day, which was fortuitous.   He and DH put the awning up. 

It's been fantastic.  It's helped prevent the kitchen from feeling like an oven. 

3 days later, the weather changed.  I don't care.  As soon as the sun shows its face again, I'll be ready

 
 

Followers