Saturday 2 March 2024

Swings and Roundabouts

I failed completely to do anything with the embroidery machine.

At the beginning of the week, I didn't have the motivation/I had other things to do.

In the middle of the week, I had other things to do (and I didn't have the motivation).

At the end of the week, I didn't have the motivation, and I did other stuff instead.

I'm going to try again next week. I really am.   

 

On the plus side,  I made three (yes, THREE!!) new skirts.  The fabric had arrived, I washed it immediately, and I decided I'd better get on and make the skirts, otherwise the fabric would go in the fabric boxes, and that would be the end of it.

I had to clear the kitchen first, to have room to cut.  I whipped up the first skirt, without hemming.   I was worn out,   However, I realised that if I put everything away, it might be days before I got the energy to clear a space again.  So, I measured, cut, and made number 2, and then number 3.  I even cut and prepped a new waistband for a pair of trousers,  but I didn't get round to doing that.

All 3 (THREE!) skirts need hemming,  as does the skirt I made the other day.  I'm going to try and get them all done tomorrow.  I was going to do it today, but my back had other ideas,


Lewis and Shelby had fun with the pattern template, which had dropped onto the floor while I was sewing. It became a thing to skid on,  a thing to hide under, and a game of kitty hide and seek ensued.

I  Whatsapped the pic to DH (and Miss Teen), with the usual caption "Where's Lewis?" 




Followers