Tuesday 14 June 2022

Jubilant

As usual, an up and down couple of weeks :-)

The Jubilee came and went.    DH, who has affected a lot of eye rolling in the past,  was concerned that I hadn't put up bunting.   He reminded me many  times  and, just before the first day of celebrations,  I went into the loft to find it.    I was amazed at how carefully Ihad folded it from last time (the Diamond Jubilee I imagine?). We got as far as putting up one enormous Union flag,   I didn't have the energy for putting up the rest. 

We watched the parade on TV, and we hoped that the the Red Arrows would fly over our village (they did last time, when we'd trogged somewhere else to go and watch them).  They didn't, sadly,  but they did go over neighbouring villages and there were plenty of posts of videos.

I watched the concert on catchup, so I could FF through the acts I wasn't interested in. 

I also had the final day parade on TV all day, and I came in and watched varioud bits of it.   

The weather was lovely, and we had an impromptu get together here with one my DB2 and his partner on one of the days.   Pizza in the garden, lovely!

Teh buntinh is now back in the box, waiting to go back in the loft, ready for the next event. The coronation, I expect.  

~~

After having a very rigorous hands-on Physio session once a week, I had a double Physio session one day,  and the effects of that lasted for about 2 weeks.  I've got another one booked now as my neck and back are starting to seize up again, despite doing the daily exercise regime.  

The spO2 monitor experiments were outstandingly successful.  I bought an spO2 ring (Wellue/Viatom), which comes with an app which does continuous monitoring, and this has been fantastic.  It's given me information to show to my GP,   and it has reassured me that I am not misinterpreting the signals my body has been giving me for the last 11 months.  I wish I'd bought this months ago!      Let's hope this helps with a diagnosis.

I've also accepted that,for the sake of my back,  I'll probably have to stick to wearing Optiform made to measure bras,  and I'm happy with that.  Sue at Optiform has been lovely, so helpful.   I'll increase my collection gradually. 

Today I cleared out all my not-current-size bras and I'm sending them to a bra recyling charity.  Some of them are so lovely that it was really difficult to do.   I have kept some that are my current size, you know, just in case,  and because I'd already filled the box I had was full.    I have moved those to the back of the cupboard, freeing up space in my drawer. 

I've got some wires etc harvested from other bras, which weren't good enough to send for recyling.  I'm probably not going to be able to use those underwires myself now, so I'll offer them on one of the bra making groups.   

I keep reminding myslef that every little thing I can clear out is one step forward in decluttering. 

 ~~

I've been trying to get up enthusiasm to sew something;  I've got a few projects I'd like to get done .   I've got another duvert cover I want to make (with brushed cotton on the underside, and cotton on the top);   I want to make some plain coloured tops to go with all the skirts I've made over the last couple of years;     I want to make some leggings for Pilates... and so on. 

We did another jigsaw instead.

I couldn't face doing the Seattle 3000 piece one, and instead I sold it for one pound, with the clear information that I had no idea if it was all there.     I picked up the last of the not-made-by-my-parents ones, and we did that. 

It was complete no missing pieces.  Not really my cup of tea,  from a picture point of view,  but the puzzle had plenty of definition, with enough tricksy bits to make it a bit of a challenge.  As usuak with Ravensburger,  the finished puzzle was bright and cheerful.

We also spent fifteen minutes making up a puzzle I'd re-found in the loft, while looking for the bunting.   I'm sending this on to a chap whose sister in law likes doing small puzzles.  The pieces are lovely to touch,  and it's a deceptive puzzle - some of the pieces fit in many places.  I hope she likes it

The kitchen table is now empty, apart from my overlocker and the jigsaw cloth.   Im not sure which one will be in use first.

~~

Soda Stream have brought out a new easy-fit mechanism for their machines, which uses new cylinders, and on impulse I bought one of the new machines.  I chose the Art model, because I liked the ease of the gassing handle.   

Soda Stream's Customer Services is fabulous, really helpful.  I contacted them before purchase to ask what I could do with my empty blue cylinders and my full blue cylinders.   They told me the most cost effective way to buy the new mchine (as I'm a Sparkle Saver customer),  they told me how to exchange my empty blue for full pinks,  and they've agreed to swap my full cylinders for me, free of charge.  

The new machine arrived the next day, and it is amazing!  I'm a little embarrassed to be so enthusiastic about a Soda Stream, but I really am.  It's so easy to change the gas cylinder - it's a simple push fit now, so no more having to hold the machine and twist the gas out.  The water bottles go in easier as well, and the gassing lever is much easier on the fingers and hands - even arthritic hands could manage this, I think.

I've had a good run of well-worth-it impulse buys recently, so I'm very happy.   I think I've only bought one impulse thing in the last couple of years that has been a waste of money. 

I expect I've tempted fate now!

~~

In the Garden, Viole(n)t  has finally given up being broody after about 5 week. It might be more, I've lost count.    Now she's back in the group,  part of me wishes she'd go back in the nest box!  She's such a whinger!        We were sitting outside under the shade yesterday and, for a very brief time, the Girls were all lined up stting quietly together.   I think the were all staring into the open side door of the summerhouse.

They looked like they were at the cinema.


~~

I'm sure there's loads more, but my memory is atrocious.



 

 


Followers