Sunday 7 November 2021

Sugar headache

I made Christma Puddings yesterday.  We don't know whether there will be a "lockdown" over Christmas, so I've made an assortment of sizes. I also made a pudding for my bff Y.

I also reheated a leftover pudding from last year, ready to make truffles today.

Today, I made Nigella's Puddini.  Truffles made with christmas pudding, golden syrup, plain chocolate, and Pedro Ximenez sherry.    The PX is so  sweet,  it's sweeter than golden syrup.  Ask me how I know.

I melted some white chocolate to cover them with,  and I ate what was left in the melter.

And, I made peanut brittle.   I don't think I cooked the caramel long enough as it isn't setting.  I made the mistake of testing it while it was trying to set,  and this was the final straw.  I now have a full blown sugar headache,  I have no sympathy for myself.

I'm not sure about the puddini.  They taste like... cold christmas pudding and chocolate.    DH ate one and quite liked it, which was a surprise.    

I've put four in a tub to take to Y,  along with her pudding, but I need to try and shake the headache first.

Followers