Sunday 29 August 2021

Daughterly Date

My lovely SD messaged me to see if we fancied meeting up on Saturday.  She was goig to be travelling from the Peak district home, and wondereed about meeting somewhere.

She suggested Dunstable Downs, and it was lovely.

When I saw her, I just hugged and hugged her, and I didn't want to let go.

The Downs was  busy, but not overwhelming.  There were loads of people flying kites, some were really interesting.  The weather was good, not too hot, not too cold. 

The kids played with a bat, ball and frisbee ring, and we chatted.     We did a shortish circular walk to see the Cathedral of Trees.

We had a late lunch at the Hunters Lodge, which was a pretty pub, with surprisingly good food.  The waitresses were lovely.  I'd definitely go back there if we were in the area.

It was unexpected, and good to see them all

Especially good to see her though.  She means the world to me.

 

 

Followers