Wednesday 9 June 2021

The next warm day

I decided yesterday - pre Gloria - that today  I would do the other coops.    I decided to carry on and do them, as they really do need doing.

Being so busy was actually helpful in mentally dealing with Gloria's death.

First thing - the coops were dismantled and brushed out, and jet washed.  This took a surprising amount of time.     I left them to dry in the sun while DH and I did an exercise class.

Then I went out and sprayed everything,  and then I came in for breakfast while everything dried for a second time.

After breakfast,  I powdered everyhting (with Stalosan powder disinfectant and Diatom),  filled the nestboxes and lined the poo trays  with Aubiose, and then put everything back together.   I was caked in stuff.

I didn't finish until lunchtime, and I was so happy to get in that shower and wash my hair.

Meanwhile, the Girls have been creating mayhem  They couldn't use their preferred nest boxes, and of course they couldn't possibly use any of the other 6 nest boxes.    When everything was put back together,  there was a scramble (ha ha) to get in.   

No one would share.   No one would hurry up.   There was a queue to lay, and those in the queue were loudly vocalising their annoyance.    Those in the nest boxes were loudly vocalising how much they didn't care, and that they weren't going to hurry    Those that had laid, were announcing that fact.  Those that weren't  queueing, were vocalsing how they wished that everyone else would shut up.

I had to message my neighbour to apologise. I'm sure wshe had seen the bits of coop strewn around the garden, and she couldn't have missed the pressure washer.   I did want her to know that I know it's an unacceptable amount of noise,  and that there was a reason for it. 

She was lovely about it.

I've done just over 8000 steps this morning, and I'm ready to for a break.



Followers