Sunday 30 May 2021

Warm and Dry

A while ago I decided that on the next warm and dry day, I'd properly clean the coops.  Some of them, at least.

Today was the next Warm and Dry day.

When I was a little younger, I'd have been yup early, had all 4 coops disassembled, emptied, jetwashed, scrubbed and out drying before breakfast.  I'd then have my breakfast, and then go out and disinfect them,  and put them all back together again.    I'd then put everything away, have my shower, and be done by lunch.

Not so, today.

I got up very late (after a difficult night).  I had breakfast.    I decided to do only one coop,  the tattiest one which is in  the fruit cage. (Well, what was the fruit cage).   After I'd dismantled it and started jetwashing it, I decided to do the red GoUp  -  our emergency coop - as well. . That also resides in the fruit cage, now that we no longer have a garage, so it made sense to do it while I had the pressure washer over that side of the garden.

So, I took my time, and did both coops,  and all the gubbins associated with it.

Everything dried quickly in the sun, so I was able to get on with the the disinfectin of the coops as soon as I'd finished washing the bits,   and then disinfecting the bits as soon as I'd finished disinfecting the coops.  I managed to disinfect everything before the sprayer needed recharging, which was just as well.  

I plodded about putting stuff away, while waiting for the disinfectant to dry.  I'd found some topsoil in the shed, so I decided to make a fresh dustbath for the Girls in the run.  I had playsand and woodash, so it was quick and easy to do.  The sand was heavier than I expected thougg. Lifting it over the netting reminded me that I've been sub par all week. 

When I'd finished that, everything was dry enough to reassemble.  It didn't take long, and soon the coops were clean, fresh, and sporting fresh Aubiose,

I'm really pleased.    It was a lovely day to be messing about with water.  I missed having Miss Teen around to help, but actually it was just as quick on my own. 

 I'll do the other coops on another - not necessarily the next  - warm and dry day.


 

Followers