Monday 3 May 2021

Waffle waffle

Its funny how I like the same thing for breakfast every day. Egg on toast, with the eggs being poached for probably 13 days out of 14 and scrambled for the other 

This morning we had no bread.  We always make our own, we just didn't yesterday.  I thought we had "emergency crumpets" (not home made, Warburtons] in the freezer, but it turns out we didn't.

So I made up some savoury waffle batter and we had waffles.   Its been over a year since I last made them,  and I made the rookie error of putting too much batter in the iron. They  were lovely with eggs.

I made too much  batter, so I popped the extra in the fridge. Maybe to have later with some lemon curd.

For dinner, I fancied curry pie.  I had previously frozen some leftover  butter pork in portion sizes  with this in mind.

DH does the pies in our house.  He whips up a batch of shortcrust pastry, and uses a two pie piemaker.  Such a fab gadget! 

He suggested having waffles instead.  So we did!

I made a passable chickpea curry to accompany the butter pork curry [two pie filling sized portions isnt enough without pie] and we ended up cooking all the remaining batter.  We didn't need to, but it was rather delicious. 

We will definitely repeat this. 



Followers