Friday 2 August 2019

Confusion

A few days ago I got a shirt out of my wardrobe recently to cover my arms when playing jumpy/uppy with the chicks  They have long nails and they scratch when they scrabble up.  I noticed a top in there, which was unusual (unusual that there was a top in there,  not an unusual top) as most of my tops are me-made, and live in a drawer.

Today I was getting changed and decided to try on that top that I saw.  I did.  It didn't fit and it didn't suit me.  I don't remember buying it, I haven't bought tops for some years (apart for a load of long cotton tee shirts for doing Pilates in).  .  I noticed another one. And another.  At least 3 brand new tops, all with the tags on.    I tried each of them on.  They were all sort of pretty on the hanger,  but none of them fitted, none of them flattered,  and none of them are wearable (not by me anyway).

I am really confused. 

If I'd bought them in the shop, I would have tried them on (either there or as soon as I got home).  If I'd bought them online, I would have tried them on and then returned them.   One of them was in a bag, so it must have been an online purchase.

I checked my M&S account, but the online account order information only goes back a year.  I went through my scanned invoices for online purchases, nothing.  Maybe I didn't scan the invoice, assuming I'd be able to access it through my account?

I guess this is how people with the start of dementia feel.  I'm seriously trying to work out who might have put something in my wardrobe...and part of me is scared that it was me and I don't remember.




Followers