Monday 6 September 2021

Beet it

I bought cooked beets in Costco tbe other day.

I've bought them before, twice,  and hated them, twice.  I thought I'd try again.

The bag contained 3 x 500g packs.    I opened one, and cut one if the beegs into chunks.   I tried it, and it was as horrible as I remembered.

I then put some in two bowls, and I used Sarsons 15 minute pickling vinegars on them  [two flavours, one on each bowl]  and used the marinade function on tbd vacuum sealer.

They were both very acceptable,  enough fir me to be happy to make them again.

Next, I made beetroot bread,  which used half a pack.   I didn't put spring onions in, because (a) that would be  step too far for DH  and (b) I didnt have any.   I did put some onion powder in (dried onions which I had ground to powder).

It was lovely.

Really lovely.

I'm sure I've seen recipes fir beetroot in cake, so j might try that. 

I might also try roasting with some herbs. 

Anything but eating it plain.


Followers