Wednesday 28 December 2011

Treadmilling, revisited

On the plus side, I'm up to doing 6.8kph.


My sessions have been shorter though (only 3.5 minutes at a time), and I've been rubbish at doing them with any regularity.  I blame Christmas,  but that's really just an excuse.


I did try watching TV while I was walking, but the treadmill is so noisy that I can't hear the TV.  Yes, I could turn the volume up - but it's right at the other end of the double room,  and I don't think it would be fair on the neighbours.  So, I decided to get a pair of wireless RF headphones.


Found them in stock at Maplin in a nearby town,  and went out on Boxing Day to buy them.  They only plugged in to the headphone socket on the Amp,  and DH had an idea to make them less hassle... which required him to pop to Maplin yesterday to buy bits to make an appropriate lead.  Long story short, they are now plugged in to the back of the amp, and the amp thinks they are extra speakers. 

Today, I finally got round to using them.  I went for a 15 minute "walk" on my treadmill, slightly slower speed than normal and not at any gradient,  but I covered just over 1.5 km  (about a mile). They worked really well!

Followers